ASTARTA spend USD 6 mln for the new agriculture machinery
As an element of preparation to a new production season ASTARTA invested about USD 6 mln in new equipment namely seeding machines (Kinze) and large tractors (John Deere, Case). At the same time all key machinery units were equipped with fuel level sensors as well as GPS-trackers providing for extension of «Precision farming» on larger area and increase in production efficiency.
Farming units of ASTARTA have all necessary resources to start spring sawing campaign. In coming weeks the сompany plans to cultivate soil for sawing of sugar beet, sunflower, corn and soya as well as to finish fertilizing of winter crops. The total area for spring sowing is expected to reach 190 thousand ha.
This season agronomical solutions of the сompany include the full scale transition to starter fertilizers application as a part of technology «Precision farming»; development of soil analysis through creation of meteorological stations. In cooperation with company Agro Sore ASTARTA continues to work on the creation of integrated accounting and operational IT-platform for agribusiness.
- Syria gets 50,000 tonnes of Russian wheat in aid, none from commercial deals
- Russian grain to be decontaminated in India
- Vice PM Kubiv: Ukraine’s GDP growth in 2016 exceeded forecasts twofold
- Belarus. Spring crops sown on 9% of planned area
- Ukraine. EBRD to finance several projects in port area in 2017