Belarus increased sunoil imports by 20%


According to the National Statistics Committee of Belarus, sunoil imports increased to 114.8 KMT in 2017. This was up 19% from the previous year and the largest volume since 2014, reports UkrAgroConsult.

In 2017, sunoil was purchased mostly from Russia. The country supplied 80% of its total imports, while the remaining 20% came from Ukraine.

Soybean oil imports to Belarus plummeted to a six-year low of 0.4 KMT in 2017 against 6.5 KMT a year ago.

The top supplier of soybean oil in 2017 was Ukraine, which accounted for some 79% of total imports of this commodity to Belarus.



Readers choice: TOP-5 articles of the month by UkrAgroConsult