Belarus started planting of early spring cereals and pulses
According to Belarusian Ministry of Agriculture and Food, an area of 2.4 Ml ha will be planted to spring crops in Belarus in 2017.
Planting of early spring cereals and pulses has started in Minsk region. It is already complete on an area of some 3 Th ha, informs UkrAgroConsult.
Farming entities will sow 2.441 Ml ha of spring crops in 2017. This year, early spring crops will be placed on 937.9 Th ha, including 349.2 Th ha of pulses. Corn for grain is to be planted on 116.2 Th ha, buckwheat on 15.1 Th ha and millet on 7.1 Th ha.
The working plan of the Ministry also stipulates that farmers will produce 8.823 MMT of grain in 2017, including 5.7 MMT of feed grains.
More information on crop conditions in the countries of Black Sea Region is available to subscribers for weekly market report "Black Sea Grain & Oil" by UkrAgroConsult.
- Syria gets 50,000 tonnes of Russian wheat in aid, none from commercial deals
- India. Government imposes 10% tax on wheat, pulse imports
- Russian grain to be decontaminated in India
- India to produce 107 million tonnes rice this year: CACP
- China gives Kenya Sh2.25 million food grant, rice shipment part of deal