CBOT wheat prices closed up 4.1% in early January
CBOT wheat prices closed the reporting week (December 29-January 05) up 4.1%. Information that the share of crops in good and excellent conditions decreased supported the prices, reports UkrAgroConsult. In Kansas the share of wheat plantings in good and excellent conditions dropped from 52% in late November 2016 to 44% in the first days of 2017. In Oklahoma 25% of crops were in good condition, while 50% - weak and sparse, compared to November conditions, when 7% of plantings were excellent, 46% - good, and 35% - weak and sparse.
Besides, market participants estimated that winter wheat acreage would be minimal since 1913 in the USA.
Check up prices and enjoy free online charts on our website. Daily updated commodity exchange prices (CBOT, ASX, BCE, MATIF, WCE, LIFFE) and cash market quotations for wheat, corn, barley, soybean, sunflower and other agricultural commodities in Ukraine, Black Sea region and world are available in section "Prices and Futures".
- Sweet Brexit: what sugar tells us about Britain’s future outside the EU
- India. Ban on bulk export of major edible oils lifted
- Indonesia. Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- India's Wheat Imports Seen Remaining Near Decade High, ITC Says
- Syria gets 50,000 tonnes of Russian wheat in aid, none from commercial deals