Consumer price indices in February totaled 101.0% compared with previous month
In February 2017, consumer price indices totaled 101.0% compared with the previous month, according to the State Statistics Service of Ukraine.
The highest consumer price inflation in February was recorded in the transport sector - 102.0%. The increase took place mainly due to a rise in the cost of road passenger transport services by 3.7%.
In addition, consumer prices for alcoholic drinks and tobacco were up by 1.7%; food and non-alcoholic beverages - by 1.5%. In particular, prices for fruit rose by 3.5%, bread and sugar - by 3.3%. The sphere of recreation and culture increased in price by 1.3%, restaurants and hotels - by 1.2%.
At the same time, in February consumer prices for clothing and footwear were down by 2.8%. Also, there was a significant decrease in prices for eggs - by 16.7%.
- Syria gets 50,000 tonnes of Russian wheat in aid, none from commercial deals
- Russian grain to be decontaminated in India
- Vice PM Kubiv: Ukraine’s GDP growth in 2016 exceeded forecasts twofold
- Belarus. Spring crops sown on 9% of planned area
- Ukraine. EBRD to finance several projects in port area in 2017