EU consumes 73% of Colombian production
The European Union has become Colombia's main trading partner for banana exports.
AUGURA (Asociación de Bananeros de Colombia) said 73 percent of Colombian banana production is consumed in the EU, according to the organization's 2016 data. Colombia exports 120,000 cartons of bananas a week to the EU.
The banana sector has developed considerably in Colombia. With its direct and indirect jobs, the sector has become a major economic activity in the country.
- Sweet Brexit: what sugar tells us about Britain’s future outside the EU
- India. Ban on bulk export of major edible oils lifted
- Indonesia. Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- India's Wheat Imports Seen Remaining Near Decade High, ITC Says
- India. Government imposes 10% tax on wheat, pulse imports