How does global grain overproduction affect buying preferences of the main grain importers?
Despite growing global consumption, grain stocks set new records, intensifying competition among suppliers.
The market is getting transformed under the overproduction of grain. This trend brings risks, but many opportunities as well. So, what should be expected in the upcoming 2017/18?
Buyer vs Supplier: Changing preferences of the main grain importers in terms of excessive grain supplies – this topic will be covered by Andrea Cagnolati, Grain Services, Italy, at the XIV International Conference “Black Sea Grain-2017”.
Presentation will address the following issues:
- Global market: structure of excessive supply – durum, hard wheat, soft wheat
- Changes in buyers’ preferences under conditions of ample supplies
- Which factors determine importer’s choice?
- Italy as importer: strengths and weaknesses of grain supplies from Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan
- Imports to Italy: grains from Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary, comparison to other suppliers
- Italy and the EU: is there growing demand for earlier too expensive commodities?
Andrea Cagnolati is a managing Director of Grain Services with a family tradition of more than fifty years.
For over 30 years, together with the company, he deals in agricommodities consulting and brokerage for the Italian retail market, with a focus towards the food first processing industry.
Ten years ago, Grain Services has been the first operator to educate buyers about arbitrage and integration between commodity and futures markets.
XIV International Conference “Black Sea Grain: Wind of Change will take place on April 5-6 2017 in InterContinental hotel, Kiev, Ukraine. Organizer – UkrAgroConsult, General Sponsor – Actava Trading, Sponsor - Filhet-Allard Maritime.
“Black Sea Grain” conference - is a premiere business event of the Black Sea grain industry, offering delegates a great platform for networking with international market operators and learning the latest drivers of agri market.
To register and view the Agenda visit the Conference website.
Take advantage of Discounted registration rate – EUR 840 till Dec 31, 2016!
- Ovostar Pleased with Overall Performance During Q1 of 2017
- Ukraine. Export prices for old-crop milling wheat turned downward following global trends
- Modern plant for deep soybean processing to emerge in Ukraine
- Barley exports from Kazakhstan keep falling
- Will French wheat lose for a second season in a row?