India. Govt Reveals Indian Milk, Egg & Meat Production Growing
The production of milk, eggs and meat has increased in the country as compared to last year, the Lok Sabha was informed yesterday.
According to The Hindu, Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh said India led the world in milk production with 155 million tonnes.
He said the total production of milk, eggs and meat has increased by 4.30 per cent, 6.42 per cent and 8.74 per cent in July-October, 2016 as compared to the same period in 2015.
”As per latest information available, the total production of milk, eggs and meat is 105.42 million tonnes of milk, 55.1 billion number of eggs and 4.67 million tonnes of meat,” he said.
He said various programmes are being run to help states boost production of milk and eggs.
- India. Government imposes 10% tax on wheat, pulse imports
- India to produce 107 million tonnes rice this year: CACP
- China gives Kenya Sh2.25 million food grant, rice shipment part of deal
- China's Feb ethanol imports hit several-year low at 9 cu m on closing arbitrage
- Brazil: soy harvest reaches 68% and projections can go higher; AgRural