Indonesia became the main buyer of Ukrainian corn starch
During two months of the current season production of corn starch in Ukraine reached 11.2 KMT. This is 14% more than during the same period last season (9.6 KMT).
Corn starch exports are also rising along with increase in production. During October-November of the 2015/16 marketing year Ukraine exported 21% more corn starch than during the same time period of season 2014/15 (7.4 KMT against 5.8 KMT).
Some changes in corn starch export destinations should be noted. When last season Russia and other CIS countries were among main importers, in May 2015 Indonesia began purchasing Ukrainian corn starch, and this season the country has become a major importer of corn starch from Ukraine.
The share of corn starch imported by Indonesia has reached 76% of the overall exports from Ukraine. The share of Russia has declined from 75% in October-November of season 2014/15 to 18% during the same period in the current marketing year.
- Ovostar Pleased with Overall Performance During Q1 of 2017
- Ukraine. Export prices for old-crop milling wheat turned downward following global trends
- Modern plant for deep soybean processing to emerge in Ukraine
- Barley exports from Kazakhstan keep falling
- Will French wheat lose for a second season in a row?