Kazakhstan boosted wheat bran exports by 48%
As UkrAgroConsult expected, Kazakh exporters continued boosting wheat bran shipments to foreign markets in the current season 2016/17. Kazakhstan exported 90.6 KMT of wheat bran for the five months of the season (September-January), or 48% more than in the same period last season.
As before, the top importer of wheat bran from Kazakhstan is Uzbekistan, which absorbed about 76% of total exports at the time. The country was followed by Turkey with an export share of some 12%. China has already purchased roughly 3.4 KMT since the October 2016 resumption of wheat bran imports from Kazakhstan.
UkrAgroConsult notes that Iran has stepped up purchases this season. 7.9 KMT of Kazakh wheat bran was supplied to Iran’s market in the period under review, or 38% more than imported for the entire last season.
- Sweet Brexit: what sugar tells us about Britain’s future outside the EU
- India. Ban on bulk export of major edible oils lifted
- Indonesia. Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- India's Wheat Imports Seen Remaining Near Decade High, ITC Says
- Syria gets 50,000 tonnes of Russian wheat in aid, none from commercial deals