Kenya ready to purchase some half a million tons of Ukrainian corn
According to the Ag Ministry of Ukraine, the government of Kenya has decided to purchase 450 KMT of yellow corn in March-May 2017.
The main requirements to corn deliveries to Kenya are the absence of GMO therein and the presence of an EU certificate or the compliance with the Kenya Bureau of Standards’ requirements.
Noteworthy, last time Ukraine exported corn to Kenya in the 2009/10 season (some 45 KMT), reports UkrAgroConsult.
- Syria gets 50,000 tonnes of Russian wheat in aid, none from commercial deals
- India. Government imposes 10% tax on wheat, pulse imports
- Russian grain to be decontaminated in India
- India to produce 107 million tonnes rice this year: CACP
- China gives Kenya Sh2.25 million food grant, rice shipment part of deal