Moldova. Weather favors the growth and development of winter crops
Warmer than normal weather with precipitations was observed in Moldova last week. Daily temperature was 6-7.5ºC higher than multiyear norms for the given period and averaged +6.2..+8ºС, with maximum reaching +19ºС.
Weekly amount of precipitation at 70% of the country equaled 12-45 mm (50-150% of the monthly norm), at the rest of the area – 5-10 mm (65-140% of the weekly norm). Weather conditions during the week were satisfactory for the growth and development of winter crops and for preparation of soil for early spring crops sowing, reports UkrAgroConsult.
At the major part of Moldova winter crops were observed at the stage of 3rd leave and tillering. In some fields emergence was still noted.
More information on crop conditions and progress in harvesting/seeding campaign in the countries of Black Sea Region is available to subscribers for weekly market report "Black Sea Grain & Oil" by UkrAgroConsult.
- Syria gets 50,000 tonnes of Russian wheat in aid, none from commercial deals
- India. Government imposes 10% tax on wheat, pulse imports
- Russian grain to be decontaminated in India
- India to produce 107 million tonnes rice this year: CACP
- China gives Kenya Sh2.25 million food grant, rice shipment part of deal