Romania sharply decreased imports of soybean meal
During September-November 2016/17 Romania sharply decreased imports of soybean meal due to higher own crop of oilseeds in 2016, UkrAgroConsult notes. Total production of oilseeds rose in average by 16% compared to 2015.
Thus, over the reporting period Romania imported about 60 KMT of soybean meal, which was record low over the last several seasons and two times less than over the same period of 2015/16.
Despite decreased import pace, the volume purchased from Argentina - key supplier of soybean meal to EU during September – November was in line with purchases in 2015/16. Brazil and Hungary lowered supplies in the current season.
- Romania. Farmers began sowing early cold-resistant crops
- Ukraine. January production of soybean oil reached record in the current season
- The Russian region of Samara imports directly from Ivory Coast
- Belarus. Vegoil output shrank to 5.7 KMT in January
- Russia. Milling wheat export prices continued falling during last week