Romania sharply decreased imports of soybean meal
During September-November 2016/17 Romania sharply decreased imports of soybean meal due to higher own crop of oilseeds in 2016, UkrAgroConsult notes. Total production of oilseeds rose in average by 16% compared to 2015.
Thus, over the reporting period Romania imported about 60 KMT of soybean meal, which was record low over the last several seasons and two times less than over the same period of 2015/16.
Despite decreased import pace, the volume purchased from Argentina - key supplier of soybean meal to EU during September – November was in line with purchases in 2015/16. Brazil and Hungary lowered supplies in the current season.
- Latvian farmers will receive 8.7 million euros of subsidies
- In Russia introduced a new form of quotas on extraction water bio-resources
- Nigerian Palm Oil Cheapest In International Market – Farmer Says
- Malaysia raises export tax on palm oil for March shipments to 8%
- Russia, EU to vie for top spot in key wheat markets in 2017/18