Romania sharply decreased imports of soybean meal
During September-November 2016/17 Romania sharply decreased imports of soybean meal due to higher own crop of oilseeds in 2016, UkrAgroConsult notes. Total production of oilseeds rose in average by 16% compared to 2015.
Thus, over the reporting period Romania imported about 60 KMT of soybean meal, which was record low over the last several seasons and two times less than over the same period of 2015/16.
Despite decreased import pace, the volume purchased from Argentina - key supplier of soybean meal to EU during September – November was in line with purchases in 2015/16. Brazil and Hungary lowered supplies in the current season.
- Ovostar Pleased with Overall Performance During Q1 of 2017
- Ukraine. Export prices for old-crop milling wheat turned downward following global trends
- Modern plant for deep soybean processing to emerge in Ukraine
- Barley exports from Kazakhstan keep falling
- Will French wheat lose for a second season in a row?