Romanian wheat exports doubled compared to last year
In November 2016 Romanian wheat exports reached record volume for this month – 684 KMT (363 KMT in November 2015). Previous record was set in November 2013 – 576.3 KMT. According to the preliminary data, December exports will exceed previous record as well, but more considerably than in November, reports UkrAgroConsult.
In November 2016 key export destinations of Romanian wheat were – Egypt, Vietnam, Spain, UAE, Jordan, Netherlands and Italy.
Since the beginning of the season Romania continues to export wheat at record high pace. Over July-November 2016/17 exports reached 3833.2 KMT and exceeded last year volume more than twice due to lower competition from France this season.
- Romania. Farmers began sowing early cold-resistant crops
- Cocoa better bet than coffee, sugar, says Commerzbank
- Ukraine. January production of soybean oil reached record in the current season
- The Russian region of Samara imports directly from Ivory Coast
- Belarus. Vegoil output shrank to 5.7 KMT in January