Turkey, India and Pakistan increased purchases of Ukrainian peas
Ukraine exported 283.8 KMT of peas in July-January of the current season that is already 17% more than for the entire last season, UkrAgroConsult notes.
India and Pakistan remain the top destinations for Ukrainian peas and their purchases are on the rise. India imported 114.5 KMT of peas from Ukraine in the period under review that is 9% more than it bought for the entire last season. Pakistan has already boosted pea imports from Ukraine by 22% to 45 KMT against 36.8 KMT in MY 2015/16.
Shipments to the Turkish market also keep expanding at a vivid pace. 23.6 KMT was exported to Turkey in the reporting period against 2 KMT last season. Thus, Turkey has become one of this season’s top three exporters of Ukrainian peas, for the first time since MY 2011/12.
- US wheat too expensive for Egypt
- Latvian farmers will receive 8.7 million euros of subsidies
- India will be self-sufficient in pulses in next few years: Radha Mohan Singh
- In Russia introduced a new form of quotas on extraction water bio-resources
- Millers want Zimbabwean government to impose tariffs on maize imports