Ukraine. China ready to invest in reconstruction of Nikolayev port elevator
Chinese CCES, which is a strategic partner of the State Grain and Food Corporation of Ukraine, is ready to loan funds for reconstruction of Nikolayev port elevator.
The State Food and Grain Corporation of Ukraine has worked out a plan for development of the Nikolayev port elevator, which provides for an increase in handling volumes to 3.5 MMT. The total amount of investments in the project can reach USD 75 million, reports UkrAgroConsult.
The capacities of Nikolayev and Odessa ports’ terminals are almost 2.8 MMT. However, they have never worked at capacity. The record high handling reached 2.3 MMT.
More information on grain handling capacities in ports is available in UkrAgroConsult report "Grain-handling Capacities in Ukrainian ports: Attractive for Investing".
- Syria gets 50,000 tonnes of Russian wheat in aid, none from commercial deals
- Russian grain to be decontaminated in India
- Vice PM Kubiv: Ukraine’s GDP growth in 2016 exceeded forecasts twofold
- Belarus. Spring crops sown on 9% of planned area
- Ukraine. EBRD to finance several projects in port area in 2017