Ukraine. January frosts had no adverse impact on winter rapeseed crops
Early-January weather in Ukraine featured alternating warm and cold air masses that in turn led to contrasting temperatures. The average air temperature all over Ukraine was within a range from +0.2°C to -3.1°C. Precipitation rates were within 0-4 mm. Winter crops were covered with 1 to 15 cm of snow. Temperatures dropped substantially toward December 10. Abundant snowfalls increased snow cover to 5-15 cm in the west of the country and 25-30 cm in the northeast. Winter rape is dormant.
According to the Ag Ministry, winter rape plantings totaled 899.2 Th ha as of January 5. It had emerged on an area of 833.1 Th ha (92.6%). About 43% of rapeseed crops are in good condition, informs UkrAgroConsult.
More information on crop conditions and progress in harvesting/seeding campaign in the countries of Black Sea Region is available to subscribers for weekly market report "Black Sea Grain & Oil" by UkrAgroConsult.
- India. Ban on bulk export of major edible oils lifted
- Indonesia. Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Syria gets 50,000 tonnes of Russian wheat in aid, none from commercial deals
- Russian grain to be decontaminated in India
- Vice PM Kubiv: Ukraine’s GDP growth in 2016 exceeded forecasts twofold