Ukraine realized 30% of sunseed export potential
80.5 KMT of sunseed was exported from Ukraine in November 2016 against 59.1 KMT in October 2016 and 7 KMT in November 2015. Sunseed shipments to foreign markets reached 142.5 KMT in the three months of 2016/17 (September-November), reports UkrAgroConsult. This is not only an all-time high for the reporting period, since MY 2004/05, but also exceeds annual exports in the last four seasons.
Active sunseed trade in the current season 2016/17 increased the number of importers to 40 countries. Apart from expanding sales to traditional buyers, sunseed was for the first time supplied to Malaysia in November 2016. As before, the bulk of exports go to European countries (82% of total exports). Remarkably, the deliveries grew significantly to 116.4 KMT against 12.6 KMT a year. In addition, Turkey, holding a 15% share in Ukrainian sunseed exports.
Almost 30% of the sunseed market’s export potential pegged by UkrAgroConsult at 500 KMT was realized in the past three months of 2016/17.
- India. Ban on bulk export of major edible oils lifted
- Indonesia. Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Syria gets 50,000 tonnes of Russian wheat in aid, none from commercial deals
- Russian grain to be decontaminated in India
- Vice PM Kubiv: Ukraine’s GDP growth in 2016 exceeded forecasts twofold