Ukraine. Soybean crushing lags behind last year
Ukraine’s large and medium-sized crushers produced 15.4 KMT of soybean oil in December 2016 against 14.5 KMT in November 2016 and 16.2 KMT in December 2015. These producers made 49.7 KMT of soybean oil in September-December 2016, or 15.8% less than at the same time last season (59 KMT), reports UkrAgroConsult.
Noteworthy, traders show heightened interest in soybean exports this season. As a result, total exports in the past four months rose to an all-time high of over 1.5 MMT. Simultaneously, crushing still lags behind last year.
- Romania. Farmers began sowing early cold-resistant crops
- Ukraine. January production of soybean oil reached record in the current season
- The Russian region of Samara imports directly from Ivory Coast
- Belarus. Vegoil output shrank to 5.7 KMT in January
- Russia. Milling wheat export prices continued falling during last week