Ukraine to join the top five flour exporters
The world flour market develops rapidly. The top three producers of wheat flour include China, India and the European Union, which are its largest consumers at the same time.
The flour trade volume expands rapidly, too. According to IGC estimates, this season’s international trade volume may reach 15.5 MMT in grain equivalent. Apart from being 2% up from last season, this result will basically hit an all-time high.
Ukraine’s role in this record is insignificant: our country accounts for a mere 3% of the global trade. However, interesting is the very upward movement of Ukraine in the exporter rating. According to UkrAgroConsult, Ukraine may join the top five flour exporters this season though barely stayed in the top ten as recently as two years ago.
- US wheat too expensive for Egypt
- Latvian farmers will receive 8.7 million euros of subsidies
- India will be self-sufficient in pulses in next few years: Radha Mohan Singh
- In Russia introduced a new form of quotas on extraction water bio-resources
- Millers want Zimbabwean government to impose tariffs on maize imports