Ukrainian Grain Sector in Transition: from Exports to Processing
Ukraine is one of the first on the list of top world grain and vegoil suppliers. Though, at the background of rather low prices, growing exports are accompanied by the margin`s squeeze.
In other words, it is getting harder to get profit from trade in raw materials and the situation itself gives hints to organize projects on deeper level of processing and consequently with higher added value.
UkrAgroConsult`s study «Ukrainian Grain Sector in Transition: from Exports to Processing» is devoted to reveal the following: factors defining the movement of world demand for commodities of grain and livestock breeding sector, regional drivers of agro production consumption in the major world clusters, change of accents in production and consumption. But the key point is how the position of Ukraine on the world food market and which scenarios can possibly promote the country from the raw material trade to deliveries to higher added value products.
- Ovostar Pleased with Overall Performance During Q1 of 2017
- Ukraine. Export prices for old-crop milling wheat turned downward following global trends
- Modern plant for deep soybean processing to emerge in Ukraine
- Barley exports from Kazakhstan keep falling
- Will French wheat lose for a second season in a row?